Exciting opportunity to join the PEC team!
Wondering how you can help with the energy crisis? Passionate about achieving carbon neutrality and addressing the climate emergency? Confident in communications and engagement? Then join PEC’s award winning team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a vibrant, energetic, and highly motivated person to help us communicate projects and engage people across the following areas:
- Energy efficiency and retrofit works – enabling the installation of simple measures and major retrofit works to improve energy efficiency in homes and buildings, by supporting vulnerable residents and commercial customers on their journey.
- Fuel poverty prevention – supporting residents at risk of fuel poverty and living in cold, damp homes.
- Community-owned renewable energy; including developing the City’s largest solar farm and a new campaign to increase levels of roof top solar.
- Community engagement – events such as drop-ins, training, and workshops; delivering these activities creatively with energy and climate emergency themes.
You will be playing a key role in growing Plymouth Energy Community’s (PEC) innovative work to enable local action on fuel poverty, and the journey to Net Zero. PEC wants to rapidly increase its impact in the context of the Climate Emergency and is looking for dedicated, highly capable people who share this aim.
We are looking for a talented person to join our team who has:
- The ability to effectively and consistently communicate PECs mission and coordinate work that raises awareness and encourages community participation in PECs services and activities.
- An attitude and approach that suits a value led, dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- An understanding of the role that highly-skilled third sector organisations, such as community energy organisations, can play in scaling solutions that enable a fair transition to net zero.
- The ability to build relationships in person, and remotely, while working with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- A strong motivation and passion for increasing local action on climate change, fuel poverty and a fair transition to net zero.
PLEASE READ THE FULL APPLICANT PACK HERE. This includes the full role description.
Time: Full time role but we are open to part time arrangements.
Location: Plymouth, but with significant elements of flexible/home working.
Salary: £28,000 - £34,500 (dependant on experience/qualifications).
Start date: We are looking for the right person to start by the beginning of November 2022.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your motivations for working for Plymouth Energy Community and how you meet the expectations set out in the role profile attached to the application pack. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 5th September 2022 with interviews expected on Wednesday 14th September 2022.