We are hiring!
We currently have a number of exciting opportunities for vibrant, energetic, and highly motivated people to work with us help coordinate and deliver projects across the following areas:
- Energy efficiency and retrofit works – enabling the installation of simple measures and major retrofit works to improve energy efficiency in homes and buildings, by supporting vulnerable residents and commercial customers on their journey.
- Fuel poverty prevention – supporting residents at risk of fuel poverty and living in cold, damp homes.
- Community-owned renewable energy; including developing the City’s largest solar farm and a new campaign to increase levels of roof top solar.
- Community engagement – drop-ins, training, and workshops; delivering these activities with several energy and climate emergency themes.
Our team is growing fast and we have vacancies for Project Support, Project Coordination and Energy Advisor roles. In all of these, you will be playing a key role in growing Plymouth Energy Community’s (PEC) innovative work to enable local action on fuel poverty, and the journey to Net Zero. PEC wants to rapidly increase its impact in the context of the Climate Emergency and is looking for dedicated, highly capable people who share this aim.
We are looking for a number of talented people to join our team that will bring:
- Experience in (or a passion to learn about) the development and delivery of local energy advice, retrofit or renewable energy projects or services.
- An attitude and approach that suits a value led, dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- An understanding of the role that highly skilled third sector organisations can play in scaling solutions that enable a just transition to net zero.
- The ability to build relationships in person, and remotely while working with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- An interest in the community energy sector and the transition to Net Zero.
PLEASE READ THE FULL APPLICANT PACK HERE. This includes full role descriptions.
Time: Full time roles but we are open to part time arrangements
Duration: 12-month fixed term contract with good potential for extension
Location: Plymouth, but with significant elements of flexible/home working
- Energy Advisor - £24,300 - £27,200
- Project Support £19,700 - £27,200
- Project Coordinator - £28,000 - £34,500 (dependant on experience/qualifications)
Start date: We are looking for the right people to start as soon as possible.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com describing your motivations for working for Plymouth Energy Community and how you meet the expectations set out in the role profile attached to the application pack.
Applications will be assessed in two rounds. The first closing date will be 8am Wednesday 22nd June 2022 for interview w/c July 4th 2022. The second closing date will be 8am Thursday 14th July 2022 with interviews expected w/c 25th July 2022.
Initial appointments will be made via Pertemps.