Vacancy! Join Plymouth City Council's climate emergency team
Low Carbon City Officer
Are you passionate about tackling the climate emergency? Do you want to make a real difference?
Plymouth City Council’s Low Carbon City team are seeking a self-motivated, highly organised and dynamic individual to support its work in bringing forward projects to build a zero carbon future. We need an excellent team player to help us respond the climate emergency and work alongside others in tackling this issue.
You will be supporting a team delivering a diverse range of innovative renewable generation, energy efficiency and fuel poverty projects with a primary focus on:
- Development of EV charging infrastructure throughout the city
- Contributing to the delivery of the Council’s Climate Emergency Plan
As well as a keen interest in the above, you will need the following:
- An appropriate qualification in an environmental subject or demonstrable relevant experience
- A proven ability to develop and sustain good partner relationships
- Knowledge and passion about the issues surrounding the climate emergency
- Understanding of the issues facing local authorities
If you think that you can bring the required skills and commitment to this role, we would welcome your application.
The role is based at Ballard House and is a fixed Term Contract for 12 months initially. 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year Grade E (£22,911 – £25,295) per annum.
You can read the full role profile here: Low Carbon City Officer.
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact: Alistair.Macpherson@plymouth.gov.uk (01752 304255) or Paul Elliott email@example.com (01752 307574).
Closing date: Sunday 5 January 2020
Anticipated interview date: w/c Monday 13 January 2020