Our impact this year
We're pleased to present our 2023 annual impact report, detailing the many ways we have been able to support residents and communities across Plymouth.
The past year has again been marked by the ongoing cost-of-living crisis, exacerbated by political instability and a policy environment that has failed to protect the most vulnerable. As a result our advice services remain in high demand as many more Plymouth residents face the harsh realities of fuel poverty.
But despite this, the whole PEC team has worked hard to achieve some significant outcomes for residents.
Headlines for 2023:
- Ensured 230 cold damp homes benefit from £1.6 million of improvement improving the lives of residents, reducing bills, and reaching the city’s net zero plans.
- Supported 1,676 households through casework. We built trust through more than 950 hours of face- to-face advice; and we negotiated £815,000 of total benefits, savings, and grants - putting money back into the pockets of Plymouth people.
- Provide 400 primary school children opportunities to learn more about solar power through our Solar Schools programme.
- Completed our first new solar roof since 2016 and our planned solar farm at Chelson Meadow is on track to be built in 2024.
- Held an innovative design competition for the development of our Kings Tamerton site for 70 net zero homes, demonstrating that zero carbon housing is both achievable and can be delivered affordably.
- Had a 10th Birthday and grew our staff team to 31.