Vacancy! Join Plymouth Energy Community's Energy Team
Do you want to help create a fair, affordable, zero carbon energy system with local people at its heart?
Plymouth Energy Community (PEC) are looking for an Assistant Advisor to bring enthusiasm and determination to support the people of Plymouth. You will be part of our Energy Team - tackling fuel poverty and domestic energy issues so that people in the city stay warm and well.
The role is varied, rewarding and requires a skill for listening and creative thinking. Do you have experience in community work? Have you supported people to make positive changes? Perhaps you have some knowledge of health or housing already. If so we would love to hear from you.
Each day will be different, and after training you will find yourself:
- On homes visits, supporting residents with advice
- Helping to train volunteers or partner organisations
- Making benefit checks to maximise a household's income
- Learning to install simple measures like draught excluders, and to give practical help in cold, damp homes
Full training is provided, and includes a City and Guilds Level 3 Qualification in Energy Awareness.
Please contact us if you are:
- Approachable and enjoy working with people of all backgrounds
- Able to stay focussed and calm when supporting people who are distressed
- Passionate about great customer service, and able to meet targets
- Keen to learn new skills
This is an exciting opportunity in which you can make a real difference to people's lives. If you like what you have read, and would like to be part of a trail blazing community energy organisation, then we would love to hear from you.
This role is based at Ballard House and is a fixed term contract for 12 months. 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Grade C (£18,795 - £19,554) per annum.
You can read the full role profile here: Assistant Advisor
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Clare Mains on 01752 307247 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 26 April