Vacancy! Join Plymouth Energy Community's Management Team!
Plymouth Energy Community
Zero Carbon Development Lead
£37,500-£45,000 per annum 2 year fixed term contract
Do you want to lead action on Plymouth's zero carbon transition?
Plymouth Energy Community (PEC) are seeking an enthusiastic, positive and entrepreneurial individual to join their management team and help bring forward a range of community focused energy projects.
You will be developing opportunities to catalyse action on the rapid decarbonisation of the local economy in one or more of the following priority areas:
- Increasing the take-up of energy retrofit works in homes and buildings, by supporting the supply chain, able to pay and vulnerable customers on that journey.
- Growing levels of local renewable energy generation, with a focus on new community owned roof top and ground mounted solar PV installations.
- Bringing forward a pipeline of community led net zero affordable new homes.
- Working closely with the Plymouth Net Zero Partnership to deliver its Climate Emergency Action Plan and grow collaborative working towards an inclusive net zero transition.
As well as having skills to be successful in the above, you will need the following:
- A socially entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to identify and develop new business opportunities and relationships.
- Demonstrable experience in a role developing and managing local energy focused projects and partnerships in one or more of the following areas: renewable generation projects; building energy efficiency; and/or management of resident and/or business facing energy advice services.
- An attitude and approach that suits a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
The role is based in Plymouth, with significant elements of flexible/home working. It is a fixed term contract for 2 years, with potential for extension. Full time role of 37 hours per week preferred, but we are open to part time or freelance arrangements with the right individual(s).
You can read the full applicant pack below.
If you want to be part of a trailblazing Community Energy Organisation and think you can bring the required skills and commitment to this role, we would welcome your application.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter, describing your motivations and suitability for the role. You may also email Alistair to arrange an informal chat.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th May 2021, 9am
Anticipated Interviews: Thursday 13th May 2021