We need you! Communications vacancy...
Environmental Communications Officer
Are you passionate about social and environmental justice? Can you inspire and motivate others with strong communication skills and a creative mind? Do you want to make a real difference?
Plymouth City Council’s (PCC) Low Carbon City team are seeking a self-motivated, highly organised and dynamic individual to support its hugely successful partnership with Plymouth Energy Community (PEC)*; as well as its work on environmental planning and the climate emergency. We need a communications professional to help us with a range of partnership focused marketing and member engagement related activities. The primary focus will be working with PEC on:
- Production of press releases, publications & newsletters, and marketing materials ·
- Coordination of social media and website content
- Event coordination
- Developing new collaborations and associated funding opportunities
As well as experience in the above, you will need the following:
- An appropriate qualification in environmental or communications related disciplines plus relevant experience
- A proven ability to develop and sustain good partner relationships
- Knowledge and passion about issues surrounding the climate emergency and fuel poverty
- Understanding of organisations with a social or environment purpose
The role is based at Ballard House and is a fixed Term Contract for up to 2 years 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year Grade E (£22,911 – £25,295) per annum
You can read the full role profile here: Environmental Communications Officer – Role Profile
If you think that you can bring the required skills and commitment to this role, we would welcome your application.
Closing date: Wednesday 6 November 2019
Anticipated Interviews: Tuesday 12 November 2019