You could be eligible for a free of charge in-home advice visit, to help you keep warm and reduce your energy bills without costing you any money.
What is it?
We are able to offer these free visits as a referral partner for LEAP (Local Energy Advice Partnership).
Our friendly Home Energy Advisors can:
- Install free simple energy saving measures such as LED light bulbs and draught-proofing
- Check if you’re on the best energy tariff via LEAPs dedicated energy switching service
- Arrange a free money advice consultation
- Help you find funding for further energy-saving home improvements.
Am I eligible?
LEAP has some very broad eligibility requirements. We want to be able to help as many people as we can by extending the service to anyone that either is already in, or is at risk of falling into fuel poverty. It is open to all types of householders – homeowners, private renters and social housing tenants.
You only need to qualify on one of the points in any of the three categories below in order to be eligible for the scheme.
Anyone receiving one of the following:
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit / Working Tax Credit
- Universal credit
- Child benefit
- Carer’s Allowance
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- A Disability Benefit (incl. Attendance Allowance, DLA, PIP)
- MoD administered benefits
- Annual income not more than that shown in the LEAP income matrix below:
|No of young persons under 18 in household||One adult||Two adults|
Anyone with one of the following:
- Cardiovascular condition (incl. coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, transient ischemic attack)
- Respiratory condition (incl. COPD, asthma)
- Neurological or neurobiological condition (incl. dementia, Parkinson’s disease, MS, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, ME)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (incl. arthritis, limited mobility, recently attended hospital due to a fall)
- Blood conditions (incl. Sickle cell disease, thalassemia)
- Moderate to severe mental illness (incl. schizophrenia bipolar disorder and depression where receiving regular treatment)
- Severe learning disabilities
- Autoimmune or immunodeficiency diseases (e.g. lupus, diabetes, HIV)
- Terminally ill
- Other illness exacerbated by cold (confirmed by GP)
- In possession of a valid NHS Medical Exemption Certificate
Anyone in one of the following situations:
- Victim of domestic violence
- Recent bereavement
- Moving in and out of homelessness
- Recent immigrant or asylum seeker
- Physical or sensory disability
How do I apply?
You can apply using the form below either for yourself or on behalf of somebody else. LEAP advisors will contact all applicants to confirm eligibility and arrange for a home energy visit. During this visit, a qualified home energy advisor will survey the home, install a number of suitable energy saving measures if necessary, and assess the property and your personal situation for further assistance and support.
If you are in the Plymouth area, then a Plymouth Energy Community advisor will visit you.
Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for the form to load. The speed varies according to your internet connection. You can phone FREE on 0800 060 7567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems using the form.